Food Deliveries for Essential Workers
In April, Affinity Plus joined with credit unions across the state in taking the Credit Unions for You (CUs4U) challenge to celebrate small businesses and essential workers. So to make their day a little easier, we sent hundreds of lunches to food bank and pantry volunteers across the state.
Meals with Meaning
Our teams brought meals all across the state:
- Twin Cities: Affinity Plus surprised warehouse workers at Second Harvest Heartland in Brooklyn Park and Maplewood with more than 100 lunches from Davanni’s Pizza & Hot Hoagies.
- Rochester: Affinity Plus partnered with member-owned restaurant, Pondy on the Lake to surprise warehouse workers at Channel 1 Food Bank.
- Grand Rapids: We surprised 25 volunteers and employees at the Great Northern Food Bank with lunch from their local Subway.
- Hastings: We surprised 15 volunteers and employees at Hastings Family Service for the organization’s 50th anniversary with lunch from The Public House and Emily's Bakery. Hastings Family Service operates the local food pantry amongst other great community services.
- Moorhead: 20 lunches delivered from the Smiling Moose in Fargo to Great Plains Food Bank.
- Bemidji: Surprised 15 volunteers and employees at the Bemidji County Food Shelf with lunch from the locally owned Big Apple Bagel.
- Duluth: Surprised 12 volunteers and employees at the Damiano center with awesome sandwiches from Sir Benedicts Tavern.
- Winona: The volunteers at Winona Volunteer Services got lunch from Steak Shop Catering for an entire week.
- Alexandria: Surprised the Outreach Food Pantry with fresh subs from their local Jimmy Johns.
- Faribault: 22 volunteers at the St. Vincent De Paul Food Shelf had lunch from the locally owned Basher’s Bowl & Grill.