About Affinity Plus Title Company
Serving members since 2000, our wholly-owned full service title agency provides clear and accurate title services as part of our commitment to help members through every step of the home-buying and refinance process. Over the past five years, Affinity Plus Title Company has assisted more than 5,300 members with mortgage closings totaling more than $910 million.
We're recognized as one of the top title companies in Minnesota, and received the 2017 Leading Title Agency “Excellence in Action” award by Fidelity National Title Group.
Services We Provide
Affinity Plus Title completes a thorough title search and review of public records before closing to ensure your home’s title is clear. We also provide documentation, support and resources to your mortgage loan officer and realtor, including preparation of closing documents, proper documentation recording and issuance of title insurance policies.
Our services include the following:
- Perform a title search. A detailed examination of the historic public records concerning a property.
- Complete a title commitment. A promise to issue a lender's and/or an owner's title insurance policy once all the requirements have been met.
- Issue title insurance. Protects the lender or the borrower against the potential of a lien or claim against the property.
- Title clearance (Schedule B). Obtain all documents to clear title prior to closing, including: Satisfactions, Subordinations, Letters of Indemnity, Partial Releases, or Certificate of Mortgage.
- Review legal documents. These include Judgment & Decree, Trust Documents, Estate documents, etc.
- Prepare documents. We prepare the documents for real estate transactions to establish a change of ownership or lien position on a property.
- Collect and disburse funds as part of a real estate transaction.
Fees Associated With Title Services
Below is a list of general fees associated with the title services for buying and/or refinancing a home*:
|Title Search and Examination
|Courier / Wire Fee (Seller)
|Recording Fees (per document)
|Seller-side Contract for Deed
|Held Escrow Fee
Helping You Be Informed
Why is title insurance important?
We recognize your home is likely your most important asset, so we proactively work to ensure your home’s title is clear. Despite the thorough title search and review of public records before closing, occasional liens or claims made against the property under former ownership may surface. These liens are the responsibility of the owner of the property to satisfy. Title insurance can help you avoid expenses should a claim be made to your property.
Are there different types of title insurance?
There are two types of title insurance – an owner’s policy and a lender’s policy. The owner’s policy protects your legal rights to own, use, and control your land for as long as you or your heirs maintain an interest in your property. The lender’s policy protects the lender’s investment in your property should a claim arise.
Affinity Plus requires a lender's policy for all first mortgage loans, and all home equity loans over $150,000 that we originate. Owner’s policies are available for cash purchase.