How it Works
Fees for the Service
- No fee will be charged if your balance doesn’t go negative by more than $100.1
- If your balance goes negative by more than $100, a fee of $15 will be charged for each item that goes through after that point, including a fee for the item that made the account go negative beyond $100. Fees are capped at $90 per day.
- You’ll find a complete list of Affinity Plus fees and charges on the personal fees and business fees pages.
What & Who Qualifies2
You’re Automatically Set Up
- Qualified checking accounts are automatically enrolled in Courtesy Pay.
- If you don’t want us to pay any overdraft checks or ACH transfers/payments, you can opt out anytime by calling us at (800) 322-7228.3
- Please note that if you opt out of Courtesy Pay, your insufficient funds checks and other items will be returned to the payee, and you’ll have to work with them directly to pay what’s owed.
Good to Know
- Members are allowed to go negative up to $100 before incurring an overdraft/courtesy pay fee. The courtesy pay fee is $15 for each overdraft. Negative balances must be paid in full within 45 days of becoming negative.
- Affinity Plus’ overdraft and courtesy pay program is at the sole discretion of the Credit Union. The Credit Union may refuse to provide the courtesy on any amount at any time from time to time. A fee will be imposed for each time the Credit Union provided the courtesy due to overdrafts created by checks, or other electronic means, as set forth in the Schedule of Fees and Charges. Subject to the terms and conditions as set forth in the Membership and Account Agreement.
- To opt out of the courtesy pay program, please contact us directly at (800) 322-7228. Or you can inform us of your decision to opt out by writing to us at Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, Attention: Legal Department (Overdraft/Courtesy Pay Program Opt-Out), 175 West Lafayette Frontage Road, St. Paul, MN 55107.