Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Rallies Communities to Take the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Minnesota
St. Paul, MN (December 22, 2023) – Brace yourselves, Minnesota! Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union is thrilled to announce the return of its Polar Plunge jump-start campaign, kicking off January 3rd and will stay active until all promo codes are used. This year, the campaign will be bigger and better than ever, aiming to raise even more funds for Special Olympics Minnesota.
Here's how it works:
- The first 2,000 Plungers who register for the Polar Plunge using the promo code AFFINITYPLUS will receive a $50 boost towards their fundraising goal! That's right, you'll be well on your way to reaching the $75 minimum just by registering.
- Using the promo code at registration gives you a jump-start on your minimum and plenty of time to fundraise for an outstanding cause.
- Over the past three years, the jump-start campaign has been a huge success, helping to raise over $1.5 million for Special Olympics Minnesota. This year, we're aiming to break last year’s record of $830,000 donated to make an even bigger impact.
And that's not all! To further support Special Olympics Minnesota, Affinity Plus has spearheaded the addition of three new Polar Plunge events happening on college campuses around the state:
- Winona State University – April 1
- Minnesota State University – Moorhead – April 15
- Bemidji State University – April 16
These new events will provide even more opportunities for individuals to challenge themselves and raise funds for a worthy cause.
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up for the Polar Plunge today using code AFFINITYPLUS and help make a difference in the lives of athletes with intellectual disabilities. Together, we can make a splash and leave a lasting impact!
Learn more and register: www.plungemn.org/AffinityPlus
The Polar Plunge is a series of events where people jump into a frozen lake to support Special Olympics Minnesota. The first Polar Plunge took place at Como Lake in St. Paul in 1998. Since then, the Plunge has expanded to over 20 locations across Minnesota. Polar Plunge events are hosted in collaboration with The Law Enforcement Torch Run® (LETR), the largest grassroots fundraiser and public awareness vehicle for Special Olympics in the world.
About Special Olympics Minnesota:
Since 1973, Special Olympics Minnesota has been creating a new world of inclusion and acceptance for people with intellectual disabilities by providing year-round sports competitions, inclusive healthcare programs, leadership training, and inclusive school programs. Special Olympics Minnesota envisions a Minnesota where every person, regardless of their ability, has every opportunity to thrive and reach their fullest potential.