Revised June 24, 2019
About this policy
If you are a current or former member of Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, our Privacy Notice governs our use and sharing of your information.
Our Digital Technologies are intended for a United States audience. Any information you provide, including any personal information, will be transferred to and processed by a computer server located within the United States.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13 unless the information is provided by a parent or legal guardian. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Please take a few minutes to review this Policy before using our Digital Technologies. To the extent permissible under applicable law, by using our Digital Technologies you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as outlined in this Policy.
Types of information we collect
We collect personal information that you provide and online/mobile activity data that is collected as a result of your usage of our Digital Technologies.
- Personal Information - Personally identifiable information you provide to us such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or other information that identifies you as an individual.
- Online/Mobile Activity Data - Data such as your device type, browser type and version, Internet Service Provider, IP address, and location information; data about how you use our website and how you interact with our Digital Technologies; and other data that may be aggregated and/or de-identified (information that doesn’t identify individual consumers/customers).
- Location Information – Certain features within our Digital Technologies use the GPS coordinates and other location information from your device. An example of this is when you search for a nearby ATM or branch. If you have consented to Location Services and no longer wish to use these services, you may disable them through your device’s settings.
Ways that we collect information
We collect personal information about you when you provide it directly to us, for example when you fill out a form, online application, respond to surveys, or similar online interactions.
We also gather information through cookies, tags, and other tracking technologies as follows:
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that your browser places on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies allow the website to recognize your device and collect information about how you are using our website and services. The cookies we use on our website do not track personally-identifiable information (PII) about you.
- Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are small, transparent images located on a webpage that allow us to track visits to our website from online advertisements placed on third-party websites. It is not our practice to link this information to any personal information you submit to us online.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Managing your online privacy
You can choose to limit online tracking and advertising as follows:
- Change your website browser settings to notify you when cookies are being sent, or to reject any cookies. Please note that you will need to manage cookie and privacy settings for each device and browser that you use.
- Manage your mobile device settings to limit advertising or location tracking. Many mobile devices allow you to reset the advertising identifier associated with the device. This identifier allows advertisers to serve targeted ads to a specific device. To learn more, visit the Network Advertising Initiative page on mobile choices.
- If you prefer not to be presented with targeted advertisements from us or our advertising service providers, you may opt out by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out tool. You may also visit the Network Advertising Institute’s opt-out page to opt-out of all interest-based advertising.
At this time, our Digital Technologies do not respond to “do not track” signals or other similar technologies sent by browsers.
How we use information that is collected
We use your Personal Information only as needed for internal purposes, such as for the following reasons:
- Respond to queries and feedback you submit via our Digital Technologies.
- Provide you with, or evaluate your eligibility for, our products and services.
- Send you information that we believe will be useful to you, such as information about our products or services that you’ve indicated an interest in.
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, or other types of promotions that we administer.
We use the information we collect from tracking technologies in a number of ways, such as:
- Ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for the device you’re accessing our Digital Technologies from.
- Understanding and analyzing usage trends, monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Digital Technologies.
- Improving our marketing efforts by understanding interaction with advertisements to allow us to deliver relevant content regarding our products and services.
- Personalizing your experience on our Digital Technologies by providing you with tailored content and marketing messages.
- Developing new features with our Digital Technologies, including conducting research and analysis, and testing of these features.
How we share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect from you and about your usage of our Digital Technologies with third parties, such as our service providers. When we do share information with third parties, it is anonymous or aggregated information that is used to provide tailored content to you and for marketing and promotional purposes. We limit the sharing of personal information with third parties to usage as outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Changes to this policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the revised Policy on this page with a new “Revised” date. Any changes to Policy will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.