Annual Report 2020
The year 2020 challenged everyone. And many of our members, small businesses, and communities are still trying to recover.
Through it all, Affinity Plus was a partner committed to helping, while keeping everyone safe.
From getting more members comfortable using our digital banking tools, to offering video calls, to meeting in the parking lot for mortgage closings, we were still there for our members. Just in more creative ways.
We fully embraced the challenge and showed adaptability, caring, and integrity. And because of that, our credit union remains strong.
The Year at a Glance
Despite an incredibly challenging year, we supported our members and employees. And had our 90th birthday on May 8!
Giving Back Across Minnesota
Affinity Plus is committed to investing back into our members’ communities, by spreading kindness and diversity, supporting Minnesotans in need, and showcasing philanthropy.
Spreading Kindness & Inclusivity
Our partnership with Special Olympics Minnesota promotes inclusion, kindness and leadership for adults and children with developmental disabilities.
- 107 Affinity Plus employees participated in the Polar Plunge fundraiser
- Raising $41,170, a record for Affinity Plus
Supporting Families in Need
- 65,000+ pounds of computer equipment donated to be refurbished and sent to families in need through Tech Tuesdays
- Affinity Plus raised enough money to provide more than 350,000 meals through Minnesota food banks
- 250,000 of those meals came from the Coins for a Cause promotion with FOX 9 in December, which collected $42,552.42 in coins from members and communities and Affinity Plus matched for a total of $85,104
Giving Philanthropy a Voice
- Showcased 52 local businesses and how they give back through Communities That KARE partnership with KARE 11 and donated $1,000 to each business
- Sponsoring KFAN’s Overtime with Carly Zucker creates a platform to celebrate and honor philanthropic sports champions and their giving
- Affinity Plus’ 500+ employees were able to gather for All Employee Day 2020 in Minneapolis before the COVID-19 pandemic closed down large indoor gatherings. It was a day of local arts, music, entrepreneurs, and a celebration of organizations and people doing good in our communities.