Annual Report 2021
Affinity Plus continued to embrace change in 2021, remaining a source of stability for our members, employees, and communities.
The credit union focused on making members’ experiences even more meaningful, while reflecting changes in how our members prefer to do their banking.
We emphasized diversity, inclusion and belonging and created programs and services for underserved people, added and updated several branch locations, and continued to grow our membership in new places and communities.
We appreciate you. We’ve been through a lot together these past couple of years. And we are truly thankful that you continue to choose Affinity Plus with something as personal and significant as your financial well-being.
Affinity Plus worked toward a better future in 2021 in many ways, from direct donations and volunteer hours to providing more access to programs and services for underbanked members.
- Launched the Credit Builder and Plus It Vehicle lending opportunities, providing access to more than $1.1 million in loans to members.
- Provided mortgage or refinancing for more than 1,000 underleveraged borrowers totaling more than $247 million, helping more people experience the joy of homeownership.
- Helped more members build healthier savings habits with 8,776 new Stash Your Cash participants and 591 new WINcentive participants who saved more than $1 million through incremental savings during the year.
- Employees volunteered 5,265 hours, including Plus It Forward Day, when all 500+ employees take the day do to some good and spread kindness in our communities.
- Celebrated the graduation of 17 employees who earned an MBA through Metro State University, provided for free by Affinity Plus, helping them enrich their lives and communities.
- Our Net Promoter Score (NPS) is an indicator of customer satisfaction, and we ranked at 6th industry-wide for our Digital NPS score (84.57) and first with 18-24-year-old members.
- Donated $359,474 to local and statewide nonprofit organizations to make Minnesota a better place to live, work, and do business.
- Used $150,000 to promote awareness of and drive donations to causes we believe in.
- Provided more than $180,000 to the Affinity Plus Foundation to provide more scholarships for students and financial grants for nonprofits and educators than ever before.