Supervisory Committee - Call for Nominations
The Nominating Committee of the Affinity Plus Board of Directors is seeking members who want to make a difference in their credit union by serving on the Supervisory Committee. This Committee – appointed by the Board – serves an important function at the credit union, selecting an external auditor to perform the annual audit of the credit union financials and an internal auditor who reviews credit union operations and internal controls. The Supervisory Committee also works to ensure that management resolves auditors’ or regulatory examiners’ findings and recommendations appropriately and in a timely manner.
All Supervisory Committee candidates demonstrate good character, fiscal responsibility, a commitment to serve, and the willingness and ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Nominees must be Affinity Plus members in good standing, not employed by the credit union, and be bondable.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Supervisory Committee meetings (typically the second Tuesday of every month at 5 p.m. for 1-3 hours at Affinity Plus’ headquarters in St. Paul).
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of the Supervisory Committee.
- Understand basic finance, including the ability to read and understand a credit union’s balance sheet and income statement and to ask, as appropriate, substantive questions of management and internal and external auditors (within six months of appointment).
- Participate in educational opportunities during the year.
- Maintain confidentiality of discussions in meetings and all matters pertaining to the credit union that is not public knowledge.
Interested members should contact Elizabeth Lee for an application, which is due by Friday, August 18. The Nominating Committee will evaluate all applications and select candidates for in-person interviews. All nominees will be contacted regarding the Committee’s decision.
Any applicant who may be considered for a Supervisory Committee position must successfully complete reference and credit checks regarding background and qualifications, including a criminal background check, and must be someone whom the insurer for Affinity Plus can bond. By submitting this application, you are authorizing this review. Failure to provide any required supplemental authorization in a timely manner will eliminate you from further possible consideration.
Request an Application