You Belong Here. Help Us Make A Difference!
Joining Affinity Plus means more than just having a fulfilling job with great benefits – it’s about becoming part of a community with its own inclusive culture!
Working here means
- Thriving on helping others,
- Sharing your expertise and perspective for the betterment of the cooperative,
- Building relationships, and
- Putting your technical skills and talents to work for good.
Our vision is to make Affinity Plus the best place our members will ever bank and the employees will ever work.
Team roles include IT developers, graphic designers, website and app development, project management, and much more.
Largest MN Credit Union
With 30+ locations throughout the state, Affinity Plus is the largest Minnesota-based Credit Union.
We’ll Prove It.
We don’t just have goals and mission statements – we’ll also show you how we follow through. Here are some examples of what we mean when we say Affinity Plus is about people, not profit.
We’re constantly evaluating how we do business in order to find what’s best for our members and our employees. That means plenty of room for innovation and evolution, allowing for more highly skilled jobs in a dynamic workplace.
And we’re all about balance: We love our jobs, but we know there’s more to our employees’ lives than work. We believe employees perform the best when they’re happy, and the better they do their jobs, the happier our membership gets.
Our values are built into everything we do at Affinity Plus, and we look for employees who believe in them, too.
We begin with dignity, compassion and inclusion as we collaborate with people and communities.
We're honest and trustworthy, and we show it. We back up our words with action, and we own and grow from our mistakes.
We have the courage to embrace change and progress, we listen, and we seek out new ideas. We innovate where it can make a significant improvement, and we adapt quickly.
Join us. Make an impact.
We work with many different organizations and individuals to support those bringing more inclusivity, kindness, and dignity for all into our communities.
Food Deliveries for Essential Workers
In April, Affinity Plus joined with credit unions across the state in taking the Credit Unions for You (CUs4U) challenge to celebrate small businesses and essential workers. So to make their day a little easier, we sent hundreds of lunches to food bank and pantry volunteers across the state.
Meals with Meaning
Our teams brought meals all across the state:
- Twin Cities: Affinity Plus surprised warehouse workers at Second Harvest Heartland in Brooklyn Park and Maplewood with more than 100 lunches from Davanni’s Pizza & Hot Hoagies.
- Rochester: Affinity Plus partnered with member-owned restaurant, Pondy on the Lake to surprise warehouse workers at Channel 1 Food Bank.
- Grand Rapids: We surprised 25 volunteers and employees at the Great Northern Food Bank with lunch from their local Subway.
- Hastings: We surprised 15 volunteers and employees at Hastings Family Service for the organization’s 50th anniversary with lunch from The Public House and Emily's Bakery. Hastings Family Service operates the local food pantry amongst other great community services.
- Moorhead: 20 lunches delivered from the Smiling Moose in Fargo to Great Plains Food Bank.
- Bemidji: Surprised 15 volunteers and employees at the Bemidji County Food Shelf with lunch from the locally owned Big Apple Bagel.
- Duluth: Surprised 12 volunteers and employees at the Damiano center with awesome sandwiches from Sir Benedicts Tavern.
- Winona: The volunteers at Winona Volunteer Services got lunch from Steak Shop Catering for an entire week.
- Alexandria: Surprised the Outreach Food Pantry with fresh subs from their local Jimmy Johns.
- Faribault: 22 volunteers at the St. Vincent De Paul Food Shelf had lunch from the locally owned Basher’s Bowl & Grill.
Health & Wellness
- $50 wellness credit every month
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
Time away from work
- Vacation and sick time
- Birthdays are paid holidays!
- Community hours
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match up to 5% and a double match (10%!) after 5 years
- Free Will Preparation and Travel Assistance
- Plus It Forward Day where the whole organization spends the day giving back to our communities
- A job where you can truly have work/life balance
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging is embedded in our culture
- On the job cross-training opportunities
- Functional classroom training
- Focus on promoting from within
- Tuition reimbursement
Employee Membership Benefits
- Real Estate and Consumer Lending discounts
- Double credit card points
- Dell and Verizon discounts
- No interest clothing credit card
Is this you?
If you’re someone who:
- Thrives on developing connections and relationships
- Wants to help members achieve financial success
- Gives back and believes in making a difference in our communities
- Works toward creative solutions,
Consider joining the Affinity Plus Team!
We Love Working Here.
StarTribune Top 200 Places to Work in 2022
Ranked #5 out of nearly 4,000 companies
Forbes Best-in-state Credit Union, 2022
Fifth year in a row
Dave Larson, CEO/President
Most Powerful Business Leaders in Minnesota 2020: Minnesota 500
Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Member Service Award
Awarded for comprehensive COVID-19 pandemic response for members and employees
Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award
Awarded for the Twin Cities Healing and Affinity Plus Gives initiatives
Our leadership team sets the tone for our organization, and wants to bring out the best in our employees. This means listening to new ideas and proactively finding opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, lead, and invest in themselves.
Kindness, care, adaptability, inclusion, and diversity matter here. CEO Dave Larson calls this special mix the Affinity Plus “Secret Sauce.”